Friday, December 21, 2007

Pop Goes the Blueberry

This blog records my process of creating art jewelry, with adventures, examples, and techniques! Not to mention creative inspiration! Click on the images to enlarge.

Okay, about Etsy. This is a site where you can buy wonderful handmade things by artists all over the world. You can take a look by clicking on my link at right under Resources. I found out about Etsy through my beading buddy, Candy, who sells her wire jewelry in her Etsy shop. Since it only costs 20 cents to list an item, and the only commission is Paypal's, it's a great deal for artists. It's also wonderful for buyers as well, because there are the most amazing and lovely items for sale. You will never visit retail again, it's that good.

This is my first purchase, from Julie Persons. It's called "Pop Goes The Blueberry" and it's a needle-felted wool pin. You can visit Julie's Etsy shop via my links in Resources at right.

I thought you knitted with wool. Julie wets the wool and shapes it into wall hangings, pendants, bowls, and pins. I'm considering a birdy next ...

No comments: