Friday, December 21, 2007

Teacher Gifts

This blog records my process of creating art jewelry, with adventures, examples, and techniques! Not to mention creative inspiration! Click on the images to enlarge.

I made this book thong for my son's 4th Grade teacher.

You can see I've put a lucky eyeball on there, as well as a reindeer charm in honor of the season. This is very similar to my Eye-Popping Keychain, except all the metals are sterling silver instead of pewter. Maybe I've got a series going here?

Resources: Lucky eyeball from Fire Mountain Gems, Bali silver spacers from Artbeads.com, square white and yellow tube bone beads and sterling reindeer charm from All About Beads, Christmas beads from a local bead show, and 1mm waxed cord from a necklace in my drawer. See right for resource links.


For my son's science teacher, I made these Christmas themed earrings with frosty Czech leaves.

Resources: Frosted cubes in green, light green and red from All About Beads, frosted leaves from Michael's Crafts, sterling silver balls from Artbeads.com. See right for resource links.

No comments: